Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Barefoot Trimmers Ads / Tidy Trims Hoofcare - Lower North Island, New Zealand
« Last post by Lynne Moore on February 09, 2015, 12:39:19 PM »
I've been fitting hoof boots since 2004 and trimming since 2005 in the Lower North Island area of New Zealand. 

My regular run includes the Manawatu, Wairarapa, Wellington, Kapiti Coast and Horowhenua regions, though I do occasionally go to the Taranaki/Wanganui area and Hawkes Bay area if there are sufficient numbers of horses that need me.

My boot range includes the Easycare range (Old Macs, Backcountry's, Gloves, Epics) as well as Delta's and Renegades so it's pretty rare I can't find a boot that will fit.

For more information and contact details see www.tidytrims.co.nz

Barefoot Trimmers Ads / WalkAbout Hooves Barefoot Hoofcare.
« Last post by Nicky Ripley on February 01, 2015, 01:28:24 PM »
Myrtle Creek-Roseburg and surrounds, Douglas County, Oregon.
I have experienced several years of successful hoof trimming from the central desert in Australia to New Zealand and now Oregon. These different environments have given me a broad perspective on horse and hoof care. I have a "whole horse" approach to hoof care and trimming.
I take the time and offer support as necessary for your horse, especially where the horse has difficulty standing due to pain and discomfort. I am having good success with laminitic issues.
If you have difficulty with your horse's behavior, I also offer horsemanship lessons focusing on safety and confidence.
To discuss your horse's hoofcare and trimming, contact Nicky Ripley by email hooves@walkabouthooves.com or phone 541 733 0450
Barefoot News/Announcements / Preview of The Horse's Hoof Fall 56-October 1st
« Last post by Yvonne Welz on September 30, 2014, 04:58:02 PM »
Dear friends,

Fall is here!!! Pumpkin Spice Lattes!!! Wait, no, I mean…
Here comes a brand new issue of The Horse's Hoof Magazine!

Welcome to the cool Autumn season, and the release of The Horse's Hoof Magazine Fall 56! Our new issue is packed with barefoot performance horses, competitors at the cutting edge of horse care, technical trimming and rehab articles, case stories, barefoot news, clinic reports, plus lots of horses breaking the supposed barefoot "rules" - such as our cover horse: an 18 hand Clydesdale Stallion in the middle of a light armor jousting event! You can practically hear the thunder of his hooves!

Subscribers: simply log on to access your new issue on October 1st, or anytime after that, at your convenience. The link to log in is right on our main site at thehorseshoof.com (look for the red button!), or the direct link is:
http://www.wishingwelzequine.com/member/member
*If you forgot your password, look it up at the above link with your email address.
You'll have access there to all your subscribed issues permanently (starting with 51).

The Horse's Hoof Magazine Fall 2014-Issue 56
Released on October 1st, 2014 - 42 full color pages!
-Barefoot and Bitless in Top Competition -- An Interview with Alex Nicol, show jumping rider and also a race horse trainer!
-“Doing It Yourself” A Pep Talk for Beginner Trimmers
-A Show Jumping “Natural” -- An Interview with Katie Pontone, young show jumping superstar who does things the right way!
-Australia’s Wild Horses, The Desert Brumby Adventure Tour by Jen Clingly
-Why We Say, “It Depends…” Thoughts on Rehabbing by Sandra Judy
-3 Common Mechanical Causes of Pathology in Domestic Hooves by James Welz
-Looking Inside is a Key Factor in Trimming by Linda Fullmer
-A Rehab Story: RC the Champion Arabian by Lauren Kahn
-Whole Oats as a Horse Feed... Revisited by Yvonne Welz
-Whole Oats, the Perfect Horse Feed? Parts One and Two
-Barefoot News: Clinic with Pete Ramey, The Functional Hoof Conference Australia-Dr. Brian Hampson's NEW barefoot trimming study presentation, Hoof Casting book review, Clinic with Dr. Teskey, lots of barefoot horse photos, and more!

Subscribe today, and you can read issue 56 right now. If you want to check your subscription expiration, just log in, and you can see your exact subscription duration (see the issue numbers under Active Subscriptions), and renew right there (click "Add/Renew Subscription").

Receive 4 issues of The Horse's Hoof Magazine for only $15 per year or $25/2 years.
To subscribe, please visit:
http://thehorseshoof.com/THHStore.html

Happy hooves & "Go Team Barefoot!"
Thanks,
Yvonne Welz

---
Yvonne Welz, Editor
The Horse's Hoof/Wishing Welz Equine LLC
P.O. Box 1969
Queen Creek, AZ 85142
Phone: 1-877-594-3365
www.thehorseshoof.com
www.facebook.com/TheHorsesHoof
Barefoot Classified Ads / Horse For Sale
« Last post by Renee Sharpnack on August 13, 2014, 06:32:14 AM »
Nico is a 1996 haflinger cross gelding, 14.3 hands. Never shod, great feet!
Has been ridden english, western, trail. Hauls well, hobbles, easy to trim feet-I use angle grinder, good for vet, clips. I have ponied horses off him and he has been ponied. Very sweet and friendly. Has been in training with Parelli 3 Star Professional in Pagosa Springs, Colorado this summer. Was NMDA 2012 Intro level dressage champion and 2013 combo club training level dressage reserve champion. Has jumped and schooled BN cross country. Has done lots of trail riding. I have too many horses and want to find this cute horse a great home. Asking $4500.
Barefoot Events/Services Ads / Equine Bodywork and the impact on hooves
« Last post by Anthony Madaia on July 15, 2014, 10:59:30 AM »
 Dino Fretterd, B.E.S.T. (Balanced Structural Equine Therapist) has a total of 35 years experience in bodywork. 18 yrs. Working with people and the past 17 yrs. working with Horses. He has developed 2 great massage tools the Maxi Scratcher and the Octassager. He is also the founder and Instructor at the Equine Do Institute of Bodywork. The Institute is located in Norco, CA aka Horsetown USA. Dino teaches the B.E.S.T. System ( Balanced Structural Equine Therapy). At the Institute you will learn how bad biomechanics can cause high/low hooves underrun heels toed out hooves base narrow horses and cow hocked horses etc. And how to correct and restore balance to the horse and its hooves. Visit his website www.dinosbest.info  for more information and don't forget to like us on facebook. 

Barefoot News/Announcements / Preview of The Horse's Hoof Summer 55-July 1st
« Last post by Yvonne Welz on June 25, 2014, 03:43:45 PM »
Dear friends,

Summer is here!!!! Here comes a brand new issue of The Horse's Hoof Magazine! We have a "theme" for this issue, with many articles written by speakers for The Functional Hoof Conference 2014 in Australia, Nov 6-9! This unique event, held in Daylesford, Victoria, will bring together trimmers, farriers and hoof researchers from around the world. And The Horse's Hoof - James & Yvonne Welz - will be there!

Subscribers: simply log on to access your new issue on July 1st, or anytime after that, at your convenience. The link to log in is right on our main site at thehorseshoof.com (look for the red button!), or the direct link is:
*If you forgot your password, look it up at the above link with your email address.
You'll have access there to all your subscribed issues permanently (starting with 51). And access to the Go Team Barefoot! Forum.

The Horse's Hoof Magazine Summer 2014-Issue 55
Released on July 1st, 2014 - 50 full color pages!
- The Link between Diet and Coat Bleaching by Carol Layton B.Sc M.Ed (Conference Speaker)
- Hoof Shape: Some Observations by Georgina Pankhurst (Conference Speaker)
- The Equine Foot: Do You Have a "Jaguar" or a "Junk Car" Foot? by Robert M. Bowker VMD, PhD
- Arena Surfaces by Hilary M. Clayton, BVMS, PhD, Dipl ACVSMR, MRCVS (Conference Speaker)
- Measurements Can Help Determine Pathology by Sarah Nickle
- Barefoot South African Show Jumper Hooves by Di Slade
- Pasture Management by Jane Myers (Conference Speaker)
- Missing Coffin Bone Tip: A Horse Named Destiny by Ute Philippi
- Liberated Horsemanship Continues European Expansion by Bruce and Jean Nock
- US Vet Teaches Natural Hoof Care Down Under by Rebecca Jacaranda Scott (Conference Speaker)
- A Mare Named Tina by Thomas Papagna
- Navicular Syndrome Notes, Part Three by Franco Belmonte
- The Mustang Hoof and Heel Height by Ilona Chodnicka
- Bitless Bridles and Lipstick Foam by Yvonne Welz
- Barefoot News including: SW Holistic Horse & Hound Expo, The Horse’s Hoof is going DownUnder!, The Functional Hoof Conference 2014 and more!

Subscribe today, and you can read issue 54 right now, and issue 55 next Tuesday! If you want to check your subscription expiration, just log in, and you can see your exact subscription duration, and renew right there.

Receive 4 issues of The Horse's Hoof Magazine AND a super cool forum for $15 per year or $25/2 years.

Thanks,
Yvonne Welz

---
Yvonne Welz, Editor
The Horse's Hoof/Wishing Welz Equine LLC
P.O. Box 1969
Queen Creek, AZ 85142
Phone: 1-877-594-3365
www.thehorseshoof.com
www.facebook.com/TheHorsesHoof
Servicing Gold Hill and surrounding areas.  Medford, Center Point, Jacksonville, Grants Pass, Rogue River and all between.  I will fit hoof boots, do massage to calm and  relax horses so I can trim them better.  Owners extra.
Barefoot News/Announcements / Preview of The Horse's Hoof Spring 54
« Last post by Yvonne Welz on April 01, 2014, 03:19:10 PM »

Welcome to a brand new issue of The Horse's Hoof Magazine!  This is a miracle issue, because we've had quite the whirlwind month! As some of you have heard (especially if you're a Facebook friend), we quite unexpectedly and with great joy moved into our new home over this past month. You can only imagine the chaos of moving AND putting together the next issue of The Horse's Hoof simultaneously… but it worked out better than I could have ever expected. This is a beautiful issue!!!

Subscribers can log on to access this new issue on April 1st, or anytime after that, at your convenience. The link to log in is right on our main site at thehorseshoof.com , or the direct link is:
*If you forgot your password, you can look it up yourself with your own email address - right there!
You'll have access there to all your issues from 51 on, permanently. And access to the Go Team Barefoot! Forum.

The Horse's Hoof Magazine Spring 2014-Issue 54
Released on April 1st, 2014 - 42 full color pages!
- From the Editor: Changing Perspectives...
- 2014: A Time To Connect - Insights of a Horse-Listener by Tomas Teskey, DVM
- Barefoot Journey with Jug (Horseowner shares her shod barrel racer's recovery from navicular-through barefoot.)
- Harley’s Navicular Success Story (Another barefoot navicular recovery!)
- What’s in it for the Horse? by Joe Camp (The author challenges us to look at things from the horse's point of view.)
- Radiographs: What Owners Need to Know by Sandra Judy and Chelsey Miller, DVM (Questions and answers from a vet.)
- Navicular Syndrome Notes, Part Two by Franco Belmonte (A continuation of this in-depth look at Navicular, comparing the barefoot course of action with the traditional protocol.)
- A New Hoof Boot Gallops Into Town by Bernd Jung (A look at the Floating Boot from Spain.)
- Spring Grass – Feed With Caution by Marijke van de Water
- A Hard Lesson in Trimming Safety! (Professional trimmer gives some valuable advice.)
- A Novel Approach to Parasite Control (More about Dr. Martin Nielsen's unique work.)
- Grand Prix Dressage... Barefoot! by Josephine Trott (Imported dressage horse with lots of problems is finally healed through barefoot.)
- The Unimportance of Trimming by Nic Barker (Barefoot case study shows how important everything else can truly be!)
- A Connection Between a Bit in the Horse’s Mouth, A Throttled Throat & Waterlogged Lungs by Robert Cook FRCVS., PhD
- A Tribute to Anne Coley
- My Bitless Story by Yvonne Welz

Receive 4 issues of The Horse's Hoof Magazine AND a super cool forum for $15 per year or $25/2 years.

Thanks,
Yvonne Welz
Barefoot Events/Services Ads / Re: Clinic in Italy
« Last post by jeannean mercuri on March 23, 2014, 07:34:50 AM »
will you be having any more clinics?
Barefoot Trimmers Ads / Long Island, NY
« Last post by jeannean mercuri on March 23, 2014, 07:33:09 AM »
Trimming 14yrs - all sizes of horses & donkeys. 

Mentor for Pacific Hoof Care Practitioners   (http://www.pacifichoofcare.net)

Happy to give referrals and share photos of my work.

631-434-5032cell
Jeannean Mercuri
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10